Donatos Pizza saves trees by offering mobile coupons via QR codes.
If you have ordered pizza from Donatos lately, you may have noticed a change to their pizza boxes. That funny looking square that you see is actually a 2d barcode that you can scan with your smartphone. Yep, Donatos Pizza has replaced the paper coupons on their pizza boxes with mobile coupons that you can access when you scan their QR code with your smartphone; Android, iPhone, Blackberry, etc.. I was excited and surprised at the same time when I first saw the QR code when I picked up my order and saw the QR code sitting in the top left corner of the box.
[caption id="attachment_1429" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Donatos uses QR Codes to offer Mobile Coupons"][/caption]
Pictures of the QR code and pizza box are included in this article.
Scan the Donatos QR Code
Get your smartphone and scan the Donatos Pizza QR code. If you need a QR code reader we recommend Inigma. You will notice that the design is mobile friendly and easy to navigate. Donatos did an awesome job with this campaign for a number of reasons:
- The QR code was placed on a prime location
- The QR code leads to a mobile website
- The mobile website offers mobile coupons
Way to go Donatos Pizza on your awesome mobile marketing campaign!
Here are some additional resources about QR codes that you may find helpful. Click on the link to see the article.
- Are QR codes here to stay or are they just a fad?
- See how Panera Bread is using QR Codes to engage via Social Media
- Want to learn how to create your own QR codes? Read this article - Create QR Codes
- Have you gone mobile yet? Your customers have. This is a must read - Why You need a mobile website, now!
Create Coupons and and special offers with your smartphone - Perfect for any business.